Confirmed COVID-19 Cases at North Central Co-op
Our Co-op is providing essential goods during the COVID-19 pandemic, while working to protect the health and safety of our members, our customers and our employees.
Between August 31st and now, we’ve had 5 North Central Co-op employees confirmed to have COVID-19. To protect our community, we’ve taken the following actions:
- (December 2, 2020) At our Mill Woods Town Centre Food Store, we've reviewed the employee’s work schedule and are complying will any directions provided by the public health authorities. Because this infection was caught early, we did not have to shut down this location.
- (November 21, 2020) At our Fort Saskatchewan Food Store, we've reviewed the employee’s work schedule and have asked other employees with direct contact to self-isolate as well. Due to the infection timing, we did not have to shut down this location. However, we still completed a thorough, deep-cleaning.
- (November 10, 2020) At our Albany Gas Bar, we’ve reviewed the employee’s work schedule and have asked other employees with direct contact to self-isolate as well. We closed our Albany location immediately for a thorough deep-cleaning, and will reopen around 5:00 pm on November 10th, 2020.
- (September 4, 2020) At our Delton Gas Bar, we’ve reviewed the employee’s work schedule and have asked other employees with direct contact to self-isolate as well. We closed our Delton location on Friday, September 4 for a thorough cleaning, and reopened Saturday, September 5th at 7:00 am.
- (August 31, 2020) At our Chappelle Food Store, we’ve reviewed the employee’s work schedule with Alberta Health Services and have received direction that there is no requirement to have additional employees self-isolate and be tested. We did not have to shut down this location, due to the timing of the infected employees last shift.
- We have deep-cleaned all locations, paying particular attention to areas they have been and surfaces they contacted.
- As soon as we had a confirmed COVID-19 case, we contacted the public health authority and complied with any directions they provide.
We appreciate the work being done by all our employees in serving the community and we’re working to support them as we make our way through this pandemic together. That’s why when any of our employees are feeling unwell or showing symptoms, they are directed to self-isolate at home and seek testing. We have also deployed a toll-free number to provide our stores and employees with immediate support.
We understand the impacts of COVID-19, which is why we want to be transparent and disclose broad details about the confirmed cases while ensuring the confidentiality of our team.