To our Valued Co-op Customers, Members and Staff,
At our very core, North Central Co-op believes in teamwork and cooperation. When we come together and work co-operatively, we can accomplish extraordinary feats—like preventing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting our communities from unnecessary hardship. Now more than ever, we need to lean in and commit to being part of the solution.
Co-op cares about the health and safety of our people, Co-op members and customers. In addition to following the Canadian Public Health Agency and Alberta Health Services recommendations, North Central Co-op is taking additional precautions to prevent the spread of potentially life-threatening viruses and to keep our communities safe. Until further notice, we are:
- Taking additional sanitation measures to ensure the health and safety of everyone visiting our locations.
- Temporarily adjusting our operating hours to keep up with sanitation requirements, to restock our shelves, to give our team members an opportunity to rest and to reduce unnecessary exposure.
- Postponing all in-store special programming and events, including but not limited to our Car Promotion giveaway, in-store sampling, roller grills, buffets, and external in-store charity partnerships until further notice.
- Dedicating a daily golden hour from 8am – 9am at all Food Store locations to allow seniors and vulnerable community members the opportunity to shop a clean and stocked store.
- Encouraging both our employees and shoppers to practice social distancing at all our locations.
- Removing the charge for plastic bags and kindly asking our shoppers to pack their groceries if they choose to use reusable bags.
- Offering free prescription delivery within Edmonton.
- Updating our teams daily.
I'm a firm believer that it's not what life throws at us, but how we choose to respond, that matters. Our frontline teams and pharmacists are shouldering a tremendous amount of responsibility during this unprecedented and unpredictable time. Putting aside their fears, our team members have willingly responded by working overtime, picking-up extra shifts, covering for coworkers without childcare, personally delivering groceries to their neighbours, and offering reassurance that we are all in this together. They have shown tremendous strength, and I want to acknowledge their efforts during this challenging time.
As this pandemic evolves, North Central Co-op continues to monitor and modify our response. Crisis or not, we are committed to meeting the needs of our communities. Thank you for remaining patient as we work diligently to ensure essentials like food, prescriptions and fuel are available to all our members and customers. Our teams are doing everything they possibly can to keep our shelves stocked and locations operational.
On behalf of the entire North Central Co-op Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team, I urge everyone to follow the recommendations put forth by our government health officials to prevent further spread of COVID-19. I also encourage everyone to consider donating a few items to the local food bank.
Working co-operatively, we will get through this difficult time.