With rapid growth of North Central Co-op and the expanding business within our co-op, we are currently seeking applications for the position of Food Store Manager.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager this highly motivated individual will be accountable for the day to day operation of our new Food Store within the community of Chappelle, located in the city of Edmonton. The successful candidate will lead a dynamic team of department managers who are product knowledge specialists.
Primary Job Functions:
• Provide superior leadership and strategic direction to the team leaders and members, through coaching, performance management, talent development and succession planning
• Develop and achieve operating plans and budgets (budgeted sales of over 17 million)
• High Standards in design and execution of all, marketing, merchandising, community image and brand standards
• Execute efficient buying, inventory management, and pricing strategies to achieve optimum sales and margin
• Lead a culture of safety through adherence to co-op standards for health and safety, loss prevention and environmental due diligence
• Provide positive, friendly and proactive interactions with all internal and external customers
• Maintain high customer service standards
• Minimum 5 years industry specific management experience
• Strong commitment to exceptional customer service
• Excellent communication and strong motivational skills
• Good delegation skills with a focus on customer service
• Good computer skills - proficient in Microsoft Office, word, excel and outlook.
North Central Co-op is located in Central Alberta – providing goods and services to our locations within Stony Plain, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, Spruce Grove, Legal and Sherwood Park.
We are proud of our 73,300+ member-owners, our 530+ staff members throughout our 9 Gas Bars, 1 Home Centre, 2 Cardlock/Bulk Fuel Stations, 4 Food Stores, 1 Liquor Store, and 1 Administration Office. We are looking forward to our future growth with new locations opening in 2019.
Please note applicants to this posting may be used to fill future vacancies within North Central Co-op’s trading area.
If you are interested in this opportunity or future vacancies please submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence to:
North Central Co-operative
318 North Park Drive
Stony Plain AB T7Z 0J5