North Central Co-op invites applications for the position of Construction Estimator to join our team at our retail co-operative located in Stony Plain, Alberta. We are looking for a consultative estimator with experience in supporting construction contractors through interpretation of blueprints and drawings to create take-off lists.
This role reports to the Store Manager and is responsible for:
• Consulting with contractors to develop a thorough understanding of projects, in order to provide accurate, timely and competitive estimations for materials
• Create material take-off lists based on architectural blueprints and specifications
• Provide exceptional service to current contractors to ensure estimation proposals meet all requirements and financial objectives
• Solicit new business through the development of relationships within the construction industry
• Collaborate and communicate with other internal departments to ensure the highest level of service is provided to all contractors and customers
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-Secondary education in a construction-related program would be considered an asset
• Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a construction estimating role
• Ability to read an interpret blueprints and construction drawings
• Previous retail sales experience
• Strong knowledge of building codes, construction products and practices
• Proficient in Microsoft Office is essential; experience with design software such as AutoCAD would be considered an asset
Deadline: July 25, 2019
North Central Co-op’s Administration office is located in Central Alberta – providing goods and services to our locations within Stony Plain, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, Spruce Grove, Legal and Sherwood Park. We are proud of our 92,000+ member-owners, our 650+ staff members throughout our 10 Gas Bars, 1 Home Centre, 2 Cardlock/Bulk Fuel Stations, 5 Food Stores, 1 Liquor and 1 Administration Office and potential future growth.
Please note applicants to this posting may be used to fill future vacancies within North Central Co-op’s trading area. If you are interested in this opportunity or future vacancies please submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence to. Resume’ will be kept on file for 6 months.
North Central Co-operative
318 North Park Drive
Stony Plain AB T7Z 0J5