North Central Co-op invites applications for the position of Facilities Manager, to join our team at our retail co-operative located in Stony Plain, Alberta.
The Manager, Facilities leads the retail risk management function for North Central Co-op and responsible for managing, overseeing and/or performing preventative maintenance in a safe manner.
This role reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for:
• Manage and oversee preventative maintenance on NCC equipment and assets. This includes but is not limited to gas, refrigeration, pumps etc. according to established maintenance and preventative maintenance programs.
• Manage, oversee or perform minor R&M service on building. This includes but is not limited to changing bulbs and ballasts in light fixtures, cleaning filters and water testing for cooling towers according to established maintenance and preventative maintenance programs.
• Manage, oversee or perform minor mobile equipment repairs. This includes but is not limited to servicing batteries, wheel replacement, preventative maintenance on forklifts, power jacks, etc.
• Manage, oversee or perform carpentry construction or building repair work as required.
• Check safety of equipment.
• Assist Maintenance Technician when required and other duties as assigned. Coaching and assisting line management in implementing established project management and facility policies, procedures, and practices
• Providing input and review facilities maintenance proposals and/or plan timelines, budgets, resources, processes, and phases of the project for completion
• Assessing health and safety risks, ensuring compliance and regulations are met from employees and contractors.
• In collaboration with the FCL Facilities Design and Development Department, this role will lead the provision and admin
administration of retail facilities including the construction of new facilities and infrastructure
• Leading and coordinating the implementation of a project, including meeting objectives through quality, timelines, budget, and managing associated risk
• Establishes, monitors, and manages contracts/contractors and third-party service providers.
• Assist when required and other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary education in Structural Engineering or Trade certificate
• 8+ years of experience in mechanical maintenance, and or building and warehouse maintenance
• Strong leadership skills and experience a
• Related experience in retail would be considered a strong asset.
North Central Co-op Administration office is located in Central Alberta – providing goods and services to our locations within Stony Plain, Edmonton, Fort Saskatchewan, Spruce Grove, Legal and Sherwood Park.
We are proud of our 92,000+ member-owners, our 650+ staff members throughout our 9 Gas Bars, 1 Home Centre, 2 Cardlock/Bulk Fuel Stations, 4 Food Stores and 1 Administration Office We are looking forward to our future growth with new locations.
Please note applicants to this posting may be used to fill future vacancies within North Central Co-op’s trading area. If you are interested in this opportunity or future vacancies please submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence to:
North Central Co-operative
318 North Park Drive
Stony Plain AB T7Z 0J5